Monday, November 29, 2010

My New Ornaments/ Snowmen

Everyone should know me by now, that I thrive on trying to needle felt on different forms.  Well awhile back I had purchased glass ornament balls to decorate.  In packing and cleaning things out to move into our new house, I found them.  A light bulb went off, or as Uncle Harvey would say I zapped with lightening. 
I decided what fun it would be to needle felt on them.  So I decided to start with Snowmen and Ladie's. 

This ball is 1.5" in diameter/ I added sparkle inside

I set the glass ball in my small vise.  My next step was I had to glue a piece of wool to the top, or it wouldn't have stayed in place.

Wool glued to top

After drying I began to felt, I then felted the rest of my Snowman or should I say Snow Lady "Miss Bea" in a very soft Merino. 

"Miss Bea" the Snow Lady She looks a little like a duck here, and boy she did not like me saying that to her.  So I quickly kept working and shaping until I was satisfied with her.

"Miss Bea"
She looks so cuddley and soft, now I dyed the purple with food dyes and Kool aide.  My 4 year old named her and of course help with the purple dying.

Well, Bea got my mind a moving, so I have made a couple of other little snowmen and they will be going up for sale with a few others, They just come to life and each have their own personality.    So I thought I would give you all a peek of my snowmwen.

Meet Pete, Bea and Toby

I took this pic this afternoon outside when it first started to snow here in Minnesota, can't complain our first storm so far this season!

Those 3 just loved the snow and tried to get Franklin the Turkey out to play , but he said no way. 

Pete showing his pipe


Mr. Toby 

Now I tried and tried to get rid of the extra pic of Pete but I just can't, it took my blog once then he was inside some of my other pic's.  So I  just left him alone, what a character, he really likes being in the lime light!

All three of these guys and some more friends this week will be listed on Ebay for sale.  I will let you all know when, I was hoping for today, but I have a sick little girl so she comes first.  So hopefully tomorrow, cause these guys are just a itching for an winter adventure.   Thanks again for stopping by everyone Take care until next time..............................

4 comments:

Kari said...

So cute! Enjoy the snow!

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Ha, Ha!!! Way too cute! I love them and I like how your creative mind works.

Anniesantiago said...

What a CUTE idea!

Marcia said...

I love your little snowpeople...they are really sweet. Are you doing a pattern or instructions for these to purchase? I am very new to this and what I have done I love.
Marcia
mvanover@roadrunner.com